(1) Improved water quality: Softening the water can remove minerals such as calcium and magnesium that can cause hard water, which can lead to buildup in pipes and appliances, as well as dry skin and hair.
(2) Longevity of appliances: Hard water can cause damage to appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters, by leaving mineral buildup on their internal parts. A water softener can extend the life of these appliances.
(3) Improved taste and smell of water: Hard water can have a metallic taste and smell, which can be removed by a water softener.
(4) Easier cleaning: Hard water can make it difficult to clean surfaces such as dishes and shower doors, as it can leave mineral buildup. Soft water can make cleaning easier.
(5) Reduced soap scum: Hard water can make it difficult to lather soap and shampoo, and can cause soap scum buildup in the shower and bathtub. Soft water can reduce these problems.