An unusually high water bill can be a sign of a water leak. It is a good idea to have a leak detection service done if you suspect a leak. Leak detection can help identify the source of the leak, whether it is a pipe or a fixture, and can help prevent further damage and higher water bills. Some common signs of a leak include:
(1) A sudden increase in your water bill without a corresponding increase in water usage.
(2) The sound of running water when all water-using appliances and fixtures are turned off.
(3) Wet or discolored spots on walls, floors, or ceilings.
(4) A musty or moldy smell in the house.
(5) A drop in water pressure.
If you suspect a leak, it’s important to have it checked out as soon as possible to prevent further damage and wasted water. Elite Plumbing and Drains can help you to detect and repair leaks.